Cedar Shake Roof Installation & Repair in Bloomington
Are you looking to install a new cedar shake roof on your home? Equity Builders Roofing offers the highest-quality cedar shake shingles in Bloomington, IN. We source the highest quality type and grade on the market.
Indiana’s #1 Cedar Shake Roofers
Equity Builders has been a staple in the community for over 35 years. In that time, we have seen everything out there. There simply isn’t anything that will surprise us.
There are countless reasons why we are one of the best when it comes to cedar shake roofing installation in Bloomington. One of those reasons is that we’ve built countless houses from the ground up over the last three decades, and we installed many more roofs. We know what to search for to uncover hail damage and wind damage on cedar shake roofs that would often go unnoticed by the untrained eye. Ready to get the ball rolling? Reach out to us by phone, text, email or start a chat here–Today!
Why You Should Invest in a Cedar Shake Roof for Your Home
1. Aesthetics– Cedar Shake has a very distinct look that is different from shingle roofs.
2. Longevity– Cedar Shake can survive up to 30 years when maintained.
3. Wind and Impact Resistance– Compared to asphalt shingles, cedar shake can withstand winds up to 245 miles per hour.
4. Property Value Increase– Installing cedar shake on your home will instantly increase its property value!
5. Strength– Cedar Shake is regarded as one of the world’s toughest woods. It is a naturally durable material and will enhance the strength of your roof!
Choose Us for Your Cedar Shake Roof Installation
We are versed in the identification of all cedar shake types and grades. When it comes to sourcing the best cedar shake in the country, we go a step further and source the highest quality cedar shake in the world that is available to us.
You want to choose cedar shingle roofing contractors who understand the ins and outs of the manufacturer’s installation requirements. Working with us, you can rest easy knowing that we will handle your roof with the utmost care and professionalism.
For a free, no-hassle roofing inspection of your property, call us today at (812) 690-3585.
Cedar Shake Roofing Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do Cedar Shake Roofs Last?
Your roof’s longevity depends on the materials used and how well you care for it. Generally, a cedar shake roof can last up to 30 years before needing replacement. For those living in ideal climates with high-quality cedar roofs, the life span can surpass 50 years.
How Are Cedar Shake Roofs Installed?
Cedar shake roof installation involves:
- Underlay: Your cedar shake roofing contractor will place a spaced sheathing underlayment on the decking boards beneath the shingles to prevent water damage and give the shingles room for ventilation.
- Interlayment: This layer is placed in between each course of shakes.
- Spacing: Next, they will align joints, offsetting the shingles between rows to ensure your roof’s durability.
- Coverage: Workers will cover the entire surface of your roof, working around fixtures and chimneys as necessary.
- Cleanup: After installation, they will clean up any debris left behind.
What Maintenance Does Cedar Shake Roofing Require?
Properly maintaining cedar shake roofing is essential for the durability and longevity of your home. To preserve your roof, you’ll need to ensure adequate airflow by clearing the branches, leaves and other debris. Regular maintenance, including preventing mold growth and repairing any damage that may have occurred, will help avoid the need for cedar shake roof leak repair. You should also maintain your gutters for increased drainage.
How Much Does a Cedar Shake Roof Cost?
A cedar shake roof may range between $7.50 and $12.50 per square foot, depending on the grade of the shingles you purchase. The most affordable grade is Common, followed by Select and 100% Straight Grain. The 100% Straight Grain shingles, the highest-priced of these options, offer the longest life span and best warranty of any of the grades, so many homeowners find them worth the extra initial expense.
How Long Does It Take To Replace A Cedar Shake Roof?
The duration to replace a roof can vary depending on various factors, including the size and complexity of the roof, the experience and efficiency of the roofing crew, weather conditions, and the availability of materials. Typically, replacing a cedar shake roof can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks.
Contact Us To Start Saving Today
Thank you very much for visiting us online. We absolutely appreciate it! Please note that all of the content and information provided here is simply for information purposes only. By no means does this constitute a legal contract between Equity Builders Roofing and any individual or individual entity unless otherwise specified. Every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, and it is subject to change without prior notice.